Clinical Affiliates of the Histologic Technology program include:
- Arizona Urology Specialists
- Caris Life Sciences
- Carl T. Hayden Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Sonora Quest Laboratories
- Phoenix Children's Hospital
- St. Joseph's Medical Center
Program Mission Statement
The Histologic Technology program delivers quality instruction to develop highly skilled and ethical histologic technology providers. We are committed to professional growth, lifelong learning, and service to the community.
1. Provide an educational program that meets the standards of the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) and promotes successful attainment of national certification. 2. Educate and train students who will demonstrate ethical and professional conduct in all professional endeavors. 3. Establish a curriculum to meet the needs of the histologic technology community, serves the needs of a cultural diverse community, and ensures clinical experiences provide access to current trends and technology. 4. Promote professional and personal excellence among students, faculty and staff, and encourage lifelong learning. 5. Provide respectful, innovative, and active learning opportunities facilitated by faculty current in teaching methodologies and innovative instructional technologies.
The program outcomes as defined by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) can be found here: Outcomes
The National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) accredits the Histologic Technology and Medical Laboratory Science programs offered by Phoenix College. 5600 N. River Road, Suite 720 Rosemont, IL 60018, (773) 714-8880, www.naacls.org