The Environmental and Natural Resource Stewardship (ENRS) Program at Phoenix College is a cooperative effort involving Phoenix College, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management, and other community partners. Development of the Phoenix College ENRS Program has been funded in large part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
The primary goal of the Phoenix College ENRS Program is to help students develop and internalize values of civic engagement in the area of environmental and natural resource stewardship. Through interdisciplinary studies and field experiences, ENRS Program students obtain a fundamental understanding of the multidimensional aspects of environmental and natural resource issues. During their studies, ENRS students acquire transferable knowledge and analytical skills which will provide a strong foundation for advanced degrees and/or careers related to environmental and natural resource conservation, stewardship, and sustainability.
Knowledge and Skills
Skills and knowledge gained in the program include the ability to:
- Assess and test scientific knowledge and logic to understand and examine environmental problems.
- Identify and measure human impacts on ecosystems and human policy on managing natural resources.
- Describe appropriate techniques for evaluating efficient economic use of renewable, nonrenewable, and recyclable resources.
- Develop students' skills using analytical tools such as supply and demand graphs to critically analyze environmental quality and natural resource problems.
- Describe the methods that policymakers use to evaluate improvements or modifications to environmental quality.
Career and Employment Outlook
For information about careers in the area of environmental resources, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage, and employment trend information.
The program is currently funded in part by a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management. We also work closely with professionals from several other organizations to provide internship and employment opportunities for students in the program